| The Zaval CE promotes the development of the creative software
- i.e. the software created under the process, which facilitate and
exploit human's creative spirit to the full potential. The works of
the Zaval CE in the area of creating the environment and work process
that promotes new ideas and fresh solutions is published on the site
of the Zaval CE Group.
The Zaval CE is pleased to invite all other individuals to participate,
improve, extend and expand the principles of the technological creativity
by means of submitting new ideas to the process, as well as developing
and publishing the ideas under the rules of the Zaval CE.
Any software developer with relevant skills in the technology,
programming language, or other person with reasonably adequate
IT-industry related skills is eligible to submit a piece of work and make
it available for publishing under the terms of the GPL v.2 and gather
contributions under the terms of the Zaval Creative ProcessTM.
The term "unit of work" under this specification describes the
combination of the source code in any programming language,
documentation, written documents, images, binary streams or any
combination of thereof, which is capable of fulfilling some useful
purpose and is intended for some use. The unit of work contains at least
the author. The author of the unit of work is the final judge on all
matters that relate to this unit.
The unit of work is considered to be valid for a submission only in a
case when it can execute all functions claimed by the author and which
reasonably literate person can reproduce.
Each product, project, likewise any other object within the control
of the Zaval CE Group activities can be tagged either open-for-contributions
or closed-for-contributions. If not tagged explicitly, the object
is open for submissions. Open for source code submission objects
accept contributions as described later.
Objects that are tagged as closed for source code contributions
are developed and maintained in terms of source code solely by the
object author(s). Such projects accept information submission (like
a bug report), but submitted source code is always discarded.
The submission is the prepared set of the binary and source code,
as well as a bundle of accompanying documentation and other possible
supplements, which are necessary for a unit of work to perform its
functions properly. The submission has preferred to be transferred as
a ZIP, RAR, or TAR.GZ single file to the Zaval CE server.
The submission of the unit of work, as defined earlier in this document,
must be done using electronic communication form that assures at least:
At the moment the following submission means may be used:
- the sender identity;
- date of the transfer;
- response from the receiving party that a submission has been received;
All submissions via electronic mail should be sent directly to the email
addresses that reside on the zaval.org. All other submissions are not
recommended on the basis that alternative means may not offer enough
reliability or may not warrantee enough credentials of sender and
- Electronic mail;
- FTP upload (available for members of the Zaval Team only);
- Zaval JUpload Center (will be available soon);
The Founders or other respective committee, functioning within the
Zaval CE, will be in charge of reviewing the unit of work. We may reject
the submission on the either or the combination of the matters, including
but not limited to, as follows:
Should the reviewing panel reject the submission, it must give the
reasoning, why it has rejected it. The reviewing committee may return
the unit of work to the author for additional improvements and corrections.
- The unit of work is a duplication, simplification, or remake of a well-known branded software. See also clause [c];
- The unit of work is not functional; at least the reveiwers failed to excersize the functions of the unit of work as claimed based on the documentation supplied with the unit;
- The unit of work is a clone of the software, developed either by other authors, or the original piece of software may be protected by copyright or other acts;
- The piece of work is not useful, or otherwise does not comply with the basic ideas behind the activities of the Zaval CE;
NO UNIT OF WORK IS ACCEPTED UNLESS IT COMPLIES WITH ALL SPECIFICATIONS,
RULES AND GUIDELINES, OPENLY PUBLISHED BY THE ZAVAL CE.
The unit of work is published on the Zaval CE site when it has been
finally accepted as a compliant to the Zaval CE requirements and all
respective software-accompanying information has been completed. Namely,
the planning and quality assurance division of the Zaval CE must provide
the following information:
- Quality policy, manual or equivalent documentation that describes why the unit of work possesses the adequate quality and is reliable enough;
- Software Accompanying Documentation: the test plan report, conducted by the quality assurance department of the Zaval CE;
The Zaval CE warrantees that it under no circumstances will distribute
the submitted units of work to any person or organization in any
jurisdiction other than under the terms of the GPL v.2. Zaval CE
warrantees that the author of the unit of work retains all intellectual
rights to the unit of work.